Followers

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Break-up

I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you. I don't want to see you.

But I miss you so much, and Lily does too, and it hardly seems fair to take you away from her when she was never an agreeing member of the break-up.

I'm sleep deprived and mocha wired, this insomnia is killing me, and I wonder if this is how you've felt all this time.

I promised myself I wouldn't see you or contact you when you walked out that door, but everything that happens to me I've always shared with you, and it's become increasingly difficult to put down the phone when something that I'd normally tell you about occurs. I feel weak. I feel lost.

I wonder all the time if things are getting better for you. I find myself guessing how much time you'll take. Wondering if you'll do what it takes to find your way back to me, or if you'll just let it slip away to nothing.

I need sleep.
I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment