Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

High and Quiet

I've lost the ability to be angry anymore
And now I can't vocalise anything at all
The words all roll around upstairs
But the language isn't one that they understand

I think that's why I'm medicated
I think that's how I'll die...

High and quiet.

I've inflected my inner voice with an unfamiliar accent
So I won't pay it such attention
And all those things they thought I meant
Are just my clouded mind's invention

I think that's why I'm asphyxiating
And this is how I'll die...

High and quiet.

I'm off-kilter
Like a poorly folded coffee filter paper
And my saviour
Is one and the same.

I find myself fumbling on the bathroom floor
For the contact I lost with you
I'm sure it's here somewhere
But it's hard to see with all this inner blue.

There's the constant sound of a child downstairs
In my head
And she's turning on the television
And it's loud, and it's loud,
And it's hard to sleep through...

No comments:

Post a Comment