Followers

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Neverlove

He didn't know where I was going
But he didn't care
He said "I'll meet you there".
And I didn't know I'd arrived
Til he followed me
And he set me free.
If I had a compass
Or a destination
I'd find my way
Without hesitation
But I'm driving down
Life's highway
Minus twenty twenty.

He didn't know anything about me
But he gave himself
To no-one else.
And I didn't know I was the one
Til it was too late
No time to hesitate.
If I had a plan
Or a blueprint
I'd know what to do
And just do it.
But I'm navigating
My fate
And I'm full of shit.

(Chorus)
And I'll never love anyone again
The way I love you
And I'll give you my all forever
If you want me to
I've got all I need right here
And it's never been more clear
Now that we're through.

He hadn't had much luck
In what seemed like years,
And the normal fears.
But I showed him what I could
From that part of me
That was buried deep.
And if I'd had a map
Or a crystal ball
I'd have helped him out
But I'm no help at all.
I'm my own
Designated driver
Drunk on alcohol.

Chorus

I don't miss him
Cause he never left
We just changed the way we were.
I don't kiss him
Cause we're done with that
You don't ever have to wonder.

Chorus (quiet)
Chorus (loud)

And I'll never love anyone again
The way I love you
And I'll be all that you need
Just like you want me to.
I'll be your light within the dark
Never again divide my heart
I promise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment