Followers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Perfect Once

Don't go to sleep just yet
I want to get there first
Lie here, broken
Being held together
One last time

Don't hold your breath just yet
I want to feel it first
Expel, inhale
Breathing in unison
This last time

I promised
I wouldn't
Tell them about us
But I can't keep my word,
Lover.

Please let my tears just fall
On your pillow
Catch them, taste them
Visions of the sea
In my head

Please let the past just be
Disappointment
Don't forget me
Or leave me for dead
In your head

I swore out loud
I wouldn't
Tell them about us
But you know I can't keep
My promises.

I won't tell a lie
Because there was a time
We were blissfully content
(Ergo my lament)

I know I told you
I wouldn't
Tell them about us
But I can't keep that promise,
Lover.

We were Perfect once.

2 comments:

  1. I'd just like to say you have more writing talent in your little finger nails than most people do in their entire being!

    Love this, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks beni!

    Its the first time I've let myself not rhyme in song!

    ReplyDelete